Directory of ezines

Monday, May 25, 2020

Truth is?

About two years ago I was confronted about the truth in my saving and spending habits. It was a very painful two-hour confession of multiple lies that dated back some 60 years.
That time was a turning point in my life, for days and months afterward I would recall all the untruths I had spoken on a daily basis. I would feel awful about lying but I would justify it by saying it avoided conflict or it solved my problem temporarily. Daily I would feel convicted and I prayed to God for help but my faith was weak and I would try to fix things myself. God did help but not right away like I asked. I had a lot of repenting to do before life would get better. He released the spirit in me to show me people who I needed to write letters to and make phone calls and go to personally and ask for forgiveness. As I did my thoughts and actions became more dependant on the Holy Spirit and my faith has been increasing. I have a lot fewer worries and fear of the future and my quality of life.

Today I was reading in the bible John chapter 14 about the role of the Holy Spirit.
16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [a]Helper, that He may be with you forever;
17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.


The Holy Spirit has become my constant companion and I depend on it for my every thought and action I take. Every morning I ask for guidance and pray that my words and actions will be pleasing to my Father which is in heaven.
The truth is that I can't fix things myself, it takes help from the Holy Spirit.
Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment